Using Shower/Tub handle for Shower/Hand held

dekeoboeJuly 13, 2011

This Danze handle (D500458T)

is supposed to be used with this valve (D113000BT)

so you can switch between the shower and the tub. Can this same handle and valve be used so you can switch between the shower and the hand held shower? I know you would normally have a handle and then a separate diverter, but that requires two handles and two valves and is, therefore, a more expensive set-up. This way the only thing I would have to worry about is that the escutcheon has the words "shower" and "tub" on it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Do you mean to say that you will have a handheld instead of a tub spout? If so, yes. It can be used to divert to either (but not both).

    Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 2:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

the flow to the tub is a lot more than the flow to the shower. A tub takes a high flow. SO you have to call Danze and ask about this. The flow going to the shower and the handshower are not high flows. This is a big thing. It might be critical and serious. My opinion.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 6:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes, we would have a hand held instead of a tub spout. Today I found the Danze Custom Shower System Design Guide states the "D113000BT valve with trim allows for supplied water to be diverted to either a single tub filler or additional shower components".

I can call Danze and ask if a hand held shower qualifies as an "additional shower component" although I don't know why it wouldn't.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 8:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I was able to get through to the Danze customer service people and it can be used for a fixed shower head and a hand held shower.

    Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 11:05PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
if I purchase a small Belfast sink fron England to...
Fed up and ready to tackle my well water issues
I've been reading posts trying to educate myself for...
what brand water softener
have 2400 sq ft rancher on town water. do not have...
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
Under counter water filters…again
I've lurked here for over a year and have learned so...
Sponsored Products
Velvet Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Korver Ottoman - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
Parlin King Bed - MEDIUM GRAY
$1,399.00 | Horchow
Dragonfly LED Solar Garden Stake
$16.99 | zulily
Naturally Cooling Ceramic Carafe by Magisso
$65.00 | Lumens
Suunto X-Lander Watch
$389.00 | FRONTGATE
Original FUF Chair 3.5 ft. Medium Wide-Wale Corduroy Bean Bag Lounger - 0020334
$137.99 | Hayneedle
Brushed Nickel Whitehaus WH832148 Widespread 3 Holes Cross Bathroom Faucet
$399.00 | Blue Bath
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™