Using Shower/Tub handle for Shower/Hand held

dekeoboeJuly 13, 2011

This Danze handle (D500458T)

is supposed to be used with this valve (D113000BT)

so you can switch between the shower and the tub. Can this same handle and valve be used so you can switch between the shower and the hand held shower? I know you would normally have a handle and then a separate diverter, but that requires two handles and two valves and is, therefore, a more expensive set-up. This way the only thing I would have to worry about is that the escutcheon has the words "shower" and "tub" on it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

Do you mean to say that you will have a handheld instead of a tub spout? If so, yes. It can be used to divert to either (but not both).

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 2:17PM
davidro1

the flow to the tub is a lot more than the flow to the shower. A tub takes a high flow. SO you have to call Danze and ask about this. The flow going to the shower and the handshower are not high flows. This is a big thing. It might be critical and serious. My opinion.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 6:19PM
dekeoboe

Yes, we would have a hand held instead of a tub spout. Today I found the Danze Custom Shower System Design Guide states the "D113000BT valve with trim allows for supplied water to be diverted to either a single tub filler or additional shower components".

I can call Danze and ask if a hand held shower qualifies as an "additional shower component" although I don't know why it wouldn't.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 8:53PM
dekeoboe

I was able to get through to the Danze customer service people and it can be used for a fixed shower head and a hand held shower.

Bookmark   July 15, 2011 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
How long do PVC DWV pipes last?
I inherited our house that was built in 1972 and was...
Neptune Power Washing
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
gtrshop
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
Cassandra
Inspection Hell (or why not to DIY)
Hi everyone, First time poster but long time lurker....
giantsean
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™