Well water test cost

lettaJuly 20, 2013

I Live in Michigan. How much should I expect to pay for a certified well water test?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

Find an independent certified lab. Check with your local Environmental Health Department. They can point you to certified labs or there's always the Yellow Pages.

Tell them you want a comprehensive well water test. If the lab is local they should be familiar with the tests needed and what the water characteristics are in your area. At minimum hardness, iron (ferric and ferrous), manganese, magnesium, pH, TDS, bacteria, nitrates, copper, sodium, arsenic,

Ask them how much it costs. Prices are usually competitive between labs in the same area.

Whatever the cost, it is money well spent (no pun intended). Living on a well you should be getting the water tested for nitrates and bacteria annually.

This post was edited by justalurker on Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 16:21

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 11:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dekeoboe

Ours was about $100 here in NC, but, that is because we had three different types of tests done. So, how much it will be will depend on what tests you want performed.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
gtrshop
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
Inspection Hell (or why not to DIY)
Hi everyone, First time poster but long time lurker....
giantsean
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
jglo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™