Plumbing help

write4July 11, 2013

Hello - I have a 70's tub/faucet, etc. and need the diverter replaced. Because of corrosion, I was also going to have the spout and faucets replaced. The estimate given to me was close to 400.00 by a handyman. I was thinking this could be high? I tried taking the spout off myself, but there's so much corrosion I can't even see the screw and because everything is old, he said he had to order the parts. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sophie Wheeler

$400 is not high for the job proposed. However, it's probably a bandaid when surgery is required. Save your money for the gut job that it needs.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 11:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you - limited funds at this point so may have to go with it. The tub and shower are in decent shape. I appreciate your response!

    Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 5:35PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™