Any Info: Traveling with 2 Dogs in-Cabin Airplane

beverlyflaOctober 11, 2013

I have two fairly small dogs. A Morkie and a Shorkie. I may need to travel from state to state via Southwest Airlines. I have traveled with one dog when I adopted him from the rescue, using Southwest Airlines which is great airline to fly with the dog. I have checked their policies and I can take the two dogs if I can fit them in one dog carrier.

The dog carrier I currently own will not accommodate the two dogs. Not enough room.

Does anyone know of a roomy carrier on wheels that will accommodate two dogs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annzgw

You can find a large enough carrier for 2 dogs, but the problem is it has to fit under the airline seat. If they were put in a typical under-seat carrier, I don't think your 2 dogs would be happy squished together for that long.
You'll need someone to travel with you to carry the second dog, or else buy a second ticket for the seat next to you.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 12:58PM
beverlyfla

I guess I'll have to check with Southwest, however, my friend, while flying to Seattle, sat next to a man who tried to purchase a seat for his dog, and the airline said no. He would have kept the dog in the carrier, but on the seat and he was denied.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 2:17PM
annzgw

On the seat usually isn't allowed, but I don't see why they wouldn't allow under the seat. That way they still control the size of the animal being brought on the plane.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Help with death on my dog
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
Dog still has fleas after using Frontline Plus..
Two weeks ago, I gave my dog a bath and then applied...
dianamo_1
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
Lactaid all right for my cat?
Like a lot of cats, my kitty is lactose intolerant....
sandyslopes z5 northern UT
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™