Ball fixture showerhead

minerva43July 23, 2007

I have a showerhead that looks exactly like this one.

I live in an apartment building and I bought a Waterpik that doesn't fit on the fixture because it isn't standard. Can I get an attachment to the ball fixture to get the Waterpik installed or do I have to bother the apartment owners to completely remove it?

I looked if I could unscrew any part of it and I can't.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If this is what I think it is, you need to remove the whole shower arm and replace it with one that is threaded for a screw-on showerhead.

In other words, your shower arm is screwed into a fitting inside the wall, and the whole arm needs to be turned to unscrew it from the fitting in the wall. Then you can screw in a new shower arm into the same fitting inside the wall that is threaded on the showerhead end (rather than having a ball joint there) that will allow you to change showerheads.


    Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 4:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

What if the existing arm won't unscrew out of the wall fitting?
Can the old arm be cut at the shower head and then threaded to accept the new showerhead?

    Bookmark   December 19, 2010 at 4:13PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
Freezeless Hydrant Frozen??
Hi, I have freezeless hydrant that has never given...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™