Copper sulfate--attractive to dogs?
Hi. Someone put a large amount of what so far seems to be granular copper sulfate (tree root remover for sewer lines) around a small tree in my fenced yard for the dog.
I've read about it and it is toxic to dogs, but I can't seem to find anything to indicate if it is attractive to dogs for ingestion, like many other chemicals and pesticides. Holding it to the dog's nose briefly, it seemed to be.
We removed the stuff before anything got into it and tests are ongoing to identify it succinctly.