U shaped shower rod

kareenaJune 22, 2013

I recently renovated my pre-war bathroom where I kept the 3 sided cast iron tub. Unfortunately, I discarded my U shaped shower rod, thinking it would be easy to replace. The newer ones are cheaply made, and they come in 3 flimsy pieces which need to be connected. The material and the fact that it's not a single solid piece makes it much less stable than my original one. I even use the ceiling support rod which helps a little but not much. I dislike it immensely! My question is - does anyone know where I can get a solid, one-piece shower rod? Any sites that specialize in old-fashioned plumbing equipment? Thanks for any advice. Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

Wayfair has one that looks to be one piece. It does have the ceiling support rod and I guess there's no way around that.

http://www.wayfair.com/Sunrise-U-Shaped-Shower-Curtain-Rod-SSCR2-XTW1025.html

Hopefully, the link will work.

Here is a link that might be useful: curtain rod

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:49PM
Reed01

If you want a 1 piece U-Rod you can always buy a brass made rod which aren't flimsy like aluminum, along with a ceiling support in the middle shouldn't be a problem.
Below is a link that can help, this is of highest quality I could find.

Here is a link that might be useful: U-Shaped Rods

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 4:21PM
jonnyp

Had a claw foot tub and installed a shower valve and curtian support. I believe the maker was PortoFino. It was 4 sided with 3 support points, two wall and one ceiling. Very well made.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 6:34PM
kareena

thanks for the responses. I can't believe how expensive some of these are! Unfortunately, none of the rods suggested fit my needs - I'm looking for a one piece rod with 2 short sides and one longer side. If I had only known how difficult this would be to replace, I would have kept the original one.... thanks again, Karen

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™