U shaped shower rod

kareenaJune 22, 2013

I recently renovated my pre-war bathroom where I kept the 3 sided cast iron tub. Unfortunately, I discarded my U shaped shower rod, thinking it would be easy to replace. The newer ones are cheaply made, and they come in 3 flimsy pieces which need to be connected. The material and the fact that it's not a single solid piece makes it much less stable than my original one. I even use the ceiling support rod which helps a little but not much. I dislike it immensely! My question is - does anyone know where I can get a solid, one-piece shower rod? Any sites that specialize in old-fashioned plumbing equipment? Thanks for any advice. Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Wayfair has one that looks to be one piece. It does have the ceiling support rod and I guess there's no way around that.


Hopefully, the link will work.

Here is a link that might be useful: curtain rod

    Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you want a 1 piece U-Rod you can always buy a brass made rod which aren't flimsy like aluminum, along with a ceiling support in the middle shouldn't be a problem.
Below is a link that can help, this is of highest quality I could find.

Here is a link that might be useful: U-Shaped Rods

    Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 4:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Had a claw foot tub and installed a shower valve and curtian support. I believe the maker was PortoFino. It was 4 sided with 3 support points, two wall and one ceiling. Very well made.

    Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 6:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

thanks for the responses. I can't believe how expensive some of these are! Unfortunately, none of the rods suggested fit my needs - I'm looking for a one piece rod with 2 short sides and one longer side. If I had only known how difficult this would be to replace, I would have kept the original one.... thanks again, Karen

    Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 3:13PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
how to turn off dual water handle on kitchen valves
I need to turn off water to kitchen sink. We have...
Any experience with Riobel?
I have been searching high and low for a floor mounted...
Under counter water filters…again
I've lurked here for over a year and have learned so...
softener is not using up salt
I have hard well water (35 gpg, 0.5ppm iron, pH 7.0,...
Sponsored Products
Bath Authority DreamLine Allure Shower Door (48"-55")
Modern Bathroom
108"L Manhattan Curtain
$180.00 | Horchow
Birillo Shower Caddy by Alessi
$60.00 | Lumens
Grohe GrohFlex Cosmopolitan Custom Shower Thermostatic Trim with Control Module
Modern Bathroom
Knex Bundle: Transport Chopper and 4 Wheel Drive Truck Building Sets - 11416
$46.68 | Hayneedle
Charlotte Blue Shower Curtain
$27.99 | zulily
Axor | Starck Organic Thermostatic Shower Trim with High Flow
$493.92 | YBath
Contemporary Freestanding Tub Faucet and Supplies - Lever Handles
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™