Recommended Kitchen Contracters Central NJ

windsor922March 24, 2013

We want to update our kitchen...new cabinets, new counters, andn new backsplash. I am looking for some recommended contractors or cabinet makers (which I read can be less expensive).

We have a stock kitchen (all standard sizes, nothing custom) now and don't want to change the layout, so even high quality stock cabinets are on my radar. I just want good quality construction...plywood boxes, wood or MDF doors, wood drawers, dovetail joints etc...

We live in Princeton.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dr.liz

Hi neighbor,
We're in Colts Neck. We had our present, 25 year old kitchen from Wholesale Kitchen Cabinet Distributors in Perth Amboy. We were very happy with them, and I just sat down with one of their designers to help me work out our renovation. They sell Decora, among other brands. All plywood costs more, of course, but they worked out $1000 cheaper than our local Decora supplier--maybe better than $1000, in fact, since we had changed our layout a little. The young woman there also impressed me with her careful planning and attention to detail. They will install, if you like, or you can hire someone else. They won't do a lot of extras, like plumbing or electric, so if you're doing more extensive renovations, I'd hire your own guy. HTH.
Liz

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
Tiny Galley Kitchen: Layout feedback needed
We've decided we're staying in our current house forever....
ant_farmer
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
Almost Finished - Stained cabinets/Green Granite
After almost a year, our simple "facelift"...
annac54
Kraus brand faucet/sink?
Does anyone have experience with this brand? There...
CTN30
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™