Toilet height

bus_driverJune 11, 2011

Friends of mine, a couple nearing age 80, are complaining that their toilet is too low and they now have trouble standing after using it. It does look low. I measured with seat up and the upper rim of the bowl is 14" above the floor. No manufacturers logo visible, the toilet is from 1968. My Toto at home looks higher but it is just 15" I found some "right height" American Standard that are 16.5" high. Recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nod702

I don't recall the brand, but i did see some 17" high commodes at the blue big box store. They also refer to them as chair height commodes. The also make an attachment for standard height commode's that will raise the height about 3 or 4 inches. The one i installed , i removed the toilet seat and it attaches right to the commode.

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 8:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_martyn

If they are labled "Comfort Height" these are the taller ones which meet the ADA requirements for 17"-19" seat height. 15 1/2" and lower are standard height. I like Kohler but any with a rim height of 16 1/2" or greater.

Take Care,

Dan

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
patentened iron removal/air filox all in one 1k?
anyone seen or tried or have a opinion on this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FVZHLC/ref=pe_54960_133354970_em_1p_0_ti#customerReviews Product...
Mike Maruska
Hardness and sediment and softeners (oh my)!
Hello- Long time reader, first time poster. I'm hoping...
Chris
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
Freezeless Hydrant Frozen??
Hi, I have freezeless hydrant that has never given...
den75
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™