Justalurker - Noryl bypass valve

sequoia_2007June 30, 2011

Justalurker

I just ordered a water softening system from Ohio Pure Water today. I made sure I got the gravel bed and top basket you recommended, but ordered the 3/4â stainless bypass valve with flexible hose kit instead of Noryl bypass with a 3/4" male thread yoke you recommended. What is the reason to get the Noryl bypass valve instead of the stainless bypass valve? It is not listed as an option on the Ohio Pure Water site, but can be ordered. The salesperson said they sell 50 stainless bypass valves for every single Noryl bypass valve sold.

Here is the system I ordered.

Ohio Pure Water

BTW, thank you for the information you provide on this site.

Howard

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

I favor the Noryl bypass valve because it is shallower and you can get the softener closer to the wall. also, While the body of the SS bypass is stainless steel the guts and lever are not... I have seen them corrode and bind.

Since OPWC and ALL online softener seller drop ship from regional wholesalers EVERYTHING has to be ordered. It is as EZ for them to order the Noryl bypass as to order the SS.

They sell 50-1 SS bypasses because SS is a buzzword and they don't know why the Noryl is better. If SS is better then why do ALL the softener control valve manufacturers sell Noryl valves?

Sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks and sometimes you can't teach an old dog any tricks at all.

Bookmark   June 30, 2011 at 5:43PM
justalurker

If you download the Fleck 2510 manual from the Fleck web site
click here for 2510 manual you will see the Noryl bypass illustrated on page 26

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 11:00AM
sequoia_2007

Thank you for the manual link. I spoke with Charles at Ohio Pure Water this morning and changed over to the Noryl bypass. Charles has been very helpful and made ordering and making changes very easy.

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 10:34PM
justalurker

I have heard nothing but good things about OPWC and have referred many people to them.

They do not seem to program their softeners for the most efficient operation though... but that is very common among online sellers.

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 10:57PM
More Discussions
Warm water mornings on cold line for 30 secs....
We have been living in a home built in 2011 (in Canada)...
nikolaos2012
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
Cassandra
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
ohmmm_gw
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™