I need birthday present ideas

ms_minnamouseOctober 5, 2010

It's going to be my standard poodle's 10th birthday on the 27th of this month and I need some birthday present ideas for this special day.

She already has basically everything a dog could want so I need some ingenious, creative, and original, ideas.

She sleeps in my bed and is allowed on all the furniture so she doesn't need a dog bed and she's indoors so she doesn't need a dog house. We avoid chicken, beef, wheat, and corn, in her diet due to allergies (we're not sure which she's allergic to but stay on the safe side and avoid all four). She gets lots of treats and has baskets full of toys. She's pretty lazy so chase toys and exercise things wouldn't be overly enjoyed by her.

I usually get her a "lot" of toys (like 20+) and some chews but want to get something special this year. I don't mind getting several presents. Money isn't an issue.

Thanks for suggestions and ideas!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ninapearl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUPPERS!! how about a few hours at a doggy daycare where she can run and play and **gasp** roll in the dirt? i found a GREAT doggy daycare about an hour away from me. it's entirely cage-free, staffed 24/7. i've taken my dogs there twice and they have had an absolute blast! when i pick them up, their tongues are hanging out and they are grinning from ear to ear. :)

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 6:07AM
quasifish

Maybe more for you than for her-- how about finding a professional pet photographer and having a nice portrait done of her?

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 11:04AM
pamghatten

How about a doggie massage? I've seen advertisements in my area for someone who does dog massages ...

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 12:08PM
cynthia_gw

Make a contribution in her honor to a poodle rescue, or any organization which helps homeless or needy dogs. Your dog doesn't need anything, but thousands of other dogs do. Happy birthday to your sweet girl.

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 10:49PM
ms_minnamouse

I like the doggy day care idea but it's not for her, she's a homebody.

Cynthia, I make a lot of donations all the time and volunteer a lot of my time as well to many different animal organizations. I want to get something for her that she'd enjoy. This day is supposed to be about her.

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 6:37AM
beegood_gw

How about a puppy to keep her company and maybe get her more active.?

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 9:22AM
ms_minnamouse

Lol. That would be for my birthday! But that wouldn't work, my parents would never agree to another dog.

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
cats - non regenerative anemia
My 10 month old cat was diagnosed on Friday with severe...
miw-bast
skunky zoo smell on my cats
We brought our 5 outdoor cats with us when we moved...
ryseryse_2004
How Do I Get Smell Out Of Pet Bed?
I got a really nice clean looking orthopedic pet bed...
peabody1
which dog should I get?!
I am confused on which breed of dog to get and I need...
adi003
dry food for cats that can't eat dry food ;)
Howdy all, There seems to be a lot of experience here...
GWgal
Sponsored Products
Jade Buddha Head
$26.99 | Dot & Bo
Yaletown 5-drawer Black Chest
Overstock.com
Couristan Everest Tabriz Oriental Rug - Midnight Multicolor - 3773/4876-5.3X5.3O
$129.00 | Hayneedle
Align 4 Piece Leather Sectional Sofa in White
$1,299.00 | LexMod
iTouchless EZ Faucet Automatic Sensor Adaptor
Overstock.com
30 Inch Bathroom Vanity Set
TheBathOutlet
Made By Girl Chevron Ikat 16" Wide Teal Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Elizabeth 4 Piece King Bedroom Set in Cappuccino
$1,085.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for: