faucet/valve question

lecuzzJune 2, 2010

I am totally clueless. I saw a moen branftord faucet that sells without the valve. Why do other faucets come with a valve or don't need one and this one does? Does it complicate the plumbing to have to use this special valve? If I need to replace the faucet, will I always need to use the same type of Moen because I had to buy a specific valve? Hope my questions made sense...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidro1

Go web searching and see if this "moen brantford faucet" appears for sale without its valve, in some or all of the offerings. Post again with your findings.

If I don't see any response, or reasonable discussion about this, I'll ask the moderators to delete this thread as it may just be senseless promotion of "moen ..."

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 3:39PM
lecuzz

I am sorry if my post doesn't make sense. It appears that moen is sold without the valve but I am not sure why. In general, do all faucets come with valves? In general does each specific faucet need to match its own valve by that brand.

Fwiw, I am defintely not promoting any brand. I am trying to figure out if its a bad thing that the faucet doesnt automatically come with valve.

Again I apologize if my post doesn't make sense or is an improper question.

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 3:46PM
stash-hdy

Faucets are mostly sold with the valve if used in the kitchen sink or bath sinks. The shower and Roman Tub faucets are sold with and without the valve. The valves in these cases are in back of the tile or under the tub. So once you have the valve you can purchase new trim kits that will work with the valve. You canÂt mix manufactures valves and trim kits, you have to use Moen trim kits with Moen valves. Once you have the valve you can contact the manufacturer to see what trim kits will work with the valve.

Hope this helps

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 10:10PM
ramona1976

The Brantford is a series of faucet products which includes both sink and shower types. The sink faucets come complete. When you buy one of these shower faucets you do need to specify the type of valve (IPS or CC connection, with or without stops). There are some online retailers who will sell you the faucet without the valve, but then you don't have a complete faucet.

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 10:13PM
lecuzz

stash-hdy and ramona1976 -thanks for all your help! It definitely clarifies things for me. Ramona1976- that is exactly what I saw, some online retailers selling without the valve for a bath faucet. I couldnt figure out why they were selling it like that for the particular model I was interested in and not other models by the same manufacturer.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 5:56AM
linmat

I liked the brantford! but when I saw it needed a valve I priced the one they listed and it is $75. Now my $150 faucets it over $200. I immediately crossed this one off my list.

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
Can i have a pan put under a water heater that is aleady installed?
I dont have a pan under my water heater and i fear...
tlbean2004
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
toddimt
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
bathroomblues1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™