Need help on how to replace/update kitchen sink plumbing?
I need help on how to DIY replace (update) all the stuff under kitchen sink plumbing.
If I wait any longer for my DH to do it, the kids will be in college (theyÂre 4 and 2 right now).
I appreciate all and any help as to how to do the following:
- the current plumbing looks like PVC, but they look old (but not leaking yet)
- I need to replace the faucet, from a 2 handle one (with 3 holes) to a single handle one (with 1 hole)
- Put in a water filter, and replace the current faucet spray with the water filter dispenser
- Put in a soap dispenser into one of the current faucet holes
- Put in an InSinkerator Instant Hot faucet tank and dispenser into the other current faucet holes
- AND install a Tapmaster (where you turn on/off the water by pressing on a foot pedal)
I am very left-brain and know that I can do it; I just need guidance.
Besides turning off the water, removing the p-drain under the sink and taking it to ?Lowes or someplace to get identical plumbing, what else?
I spent all of the money on the faucet, water filter/dispenser, Instant Hot, and Tapmaster, so thereÂs nothing left in the budget to hire a plumber.
But in case I did, what is your best guess on the cost/number of hours it would require a plumber to do this in the NorthEast/MA area?
I really appreciate your help.