What is Best Instant Hot Water for Kitchen Sink?

kelsoldJune 28, 2010

Doing a kitchen update and want to add instant hot water to the kitchen sink.

Have looked up two systems:

1. Franke Little Butler: the reviews are very negative for leaking from flex hoses and tank cracks

2. Insinkerator Indulge Contemporary: negative reviews as well for leaks and very poor warranty support

Does anyone know of a reliable non-leaking system? We just need something that will make a cup of tea a few times a day, in other words not a heavy workload.

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pima74

Since I am a big tea drinker in the morning, I thought about including one in our new house. But then looking around I saw that they are not instant heaters but rather have tank to store hot water. So rather than heat and store hot water 24/7, I just pop a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes and I have my "cuppa". Repeat as necessary! Maybe I'm wrong but I think this approach uses less energy.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 8:12PM
compumom

Yep, Insinkerator's are supposed to be trouble. We've been extremely happy with our Everhot from Water Inc. We installed it in late 2002 and have no complaints. I'm a big tea drinker and DH uses a french press coffee maker, we'd be lost w/o it !

Here is a link that might be useful: Everhot

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 12:42PM
megg

I am on my second In-Sink-Erator H990W-SS instant hot water dispenser. It has a 2/3 gallon stainless steel tank under the sink, and I use it constantly. I had the first one for about 10-12 years I'm guessing, and it only failed because the electricity was upgraded in my neighborhood, and since I already had it cranked up to its maximum temperature (200º), something apparently blew and it stopped heating. But it never leaked. This model is not the most attractive one, but it's the only one that will work in my kitchen sink, and it serves my purposes very well. You can also find models that dispense both hot and cold water.

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 6:38AM
tedred

Searching about this topic on gardenweb, I stumbled upon this exact same thread that was posted within minutes so if you want to keep reading you can continue there...

Here is a link that might be useful: Instant Hot Water for Kitchen Sink - GardenWeb

Bookmark   October 23, 2014 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Good shower heads for low water pressure
Hi, We are living in an area with low water pressure....
lynne_melb
Waste pipe uneven elbow leak
The gaskets are removed to show the situation in the...
rubyhum
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
edweather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™