Pics of Bianco Antico and Giallo Ornamental

tbossharMarch 1, 2010

I would really love to see pics of these two colors if anyone has some!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

Love my BA, here's lots of pictures. I put a lot of pictures in the reply because I remember when I was looking, I wanted to see lots of photos. At that time, it seemed like Redroze was the only one with it. It is one of those granites that everyday I am fascinated by it. I find something new each day. There is so much mica in it that it just sparkles!

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 12:35PM
donnakay2009

Here's our Bianco Antico, in a few locations. Love this granite!

We have white cabinets and a medium brown-stained island, stainless steel appliances, a medium brown cork floor and brownish-russet colored walls. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 1:35PM
tbosshar

How do you think it would look with these cabinets?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2695/4393450931_82369e8fb8.jpg

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 1:39PM
rtorgy1

My giallo ornamental will be installed next week, I'll post pics for you then!

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 2:31PM
donnakay2009

I think BA would be great--it would tie all your existing colors together. But you need to go pick it out in person, whether Giallo Ornamental, Bianco Antico or any other granite. Different quarries, different areas of the world all produce different granite. Have fun!

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 5:04PM
beekeeperswife

I agree with donnakay2009, you really need to choose your slabs--no matter what the fabricator says, even if they are from the same lot, they do not look alike. I was attracted to BA when I saw it, but it was one with a lot of black and taupe and big white blotches. That would not have worked in my house, at all--but yet, I loved it. I kept looking at different pieces, and then one Saturday we thought this is the granite for us, we couldn't decide between 2 slabs, we left the place planning on returning on MOnday with a decision. That very afternoon my sales person called me with the bad news--the 2 slabs we were looking at were just sold. She called me right away on Monday, they uncovered the last slab and it was so much more brown--what I really wanted. I saw it, and I think I was so excited--I may have been quite giddy--I called my husband and told him to get there right now to see it, he was busy, told me if I thought it was that great to get it. When he saw it, he agreed--it was the nicest one in the group. So, check them all out, make sure the one you pick works with your cabinets. It is certainly a granite that isn't wild, and yet it's not one you see in everybody's house.

Check out Redroze's kitchen on the finished kitchen blog. She might not pop in to the forum when this is thread is active. I know there are a couple of more people with it too.

Here is a link that might be useful: redroze's kitchen

Bookmark   March 1, 2010 at 5:44PM
willis13

Donnakay, what colour white are your cabinets? Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 8:48AM
aktillery9

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Tiny Galley Kitchen: Layout feedback needed
We've decided we're staying in our current house forever....
ant_farmer
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
Kraftmaid vs RTA (barkers, Scherrs)
My venture to update my kitchen keeps taking a back...
bichonlover
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™