here's our story

amberdimSeptember 1, 2014

We have 2 cats now... Our eldest son brought Zelda into our life when she was 2 or 3 mths old. She is now 4 and had grown into a gorgeous mellow cat. We were thinking off getting her a brother or a sister for some time and I was searching some websites for cats to adopt... Then, I found a gorgeous cat named Bettie Paige at a shelter, but we just call her Bettie.I wish we could take all the cats, but our building only allows 2. At first, Zelda was a little threatened and was attacking her a bit, but that stopped. Now they just play fight, taking turns chasing each other. She loves treats and licks my son's fingers when he gives her treats, which I find very cute. She is also very unique, because one of her eyes are 2 different colours! I find this really cool. Bettie is an amazing cat, and became a really good little sister to Zelda.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cat_mom

What a cutie!
Thank you for sharing your sweet story about your two kitties!

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 10:56AM
nicole__

I'm glad you adopted 2! Your saving little lives....

Bookmark   September 10, 2014 at 11:01AM
christine1950

How awesome of you to open your home to another kitty, your story sounds alot like ours, my new baby is only 3 months old, she & my 2 1/2 year old are working things out slowly. My kitten reminds me of yours.
Christine

Bookmark   September 10, 2014 at 12:10PM
amberdim

Yes, they do look similar. The new cat eats a lot, and she doesn't quite get along with the other one, but they are working on it.

Bookmark   September 12, 2014 at 4:45PM
amberdim

Double post

This post was edited by amberdim on Sun, Sep 14, 14 at 20:04

Bookmark   September 14, 2014 at 11:05AM
Acadiafun

Love kitties and have rescued a few but cannot keep myself due to allergy induced asthma. I am so thankful for those kind people like yourself who love these beautiful animals and give them forever homes. I am sure both your cats are grateful that you have provided them not only human companionship but another cat who speaks their language.

Bookmark   September 14, 2014 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Advice on trapping a stray cat
My husband and I have been feeding a lone stray cat...
honugirlhawaii
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Does anyone have a spayed dog that has a brownish discharge?
I came to this Forum to ask your opinions about something...
pickyshopper
Cat much less active than a few months ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced what...
chi83
cat with renal failure
My 17 yo cat has renal failure and has developed abdominal...
dlana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™