shower rough-in with two volume controls

homeboundJune 2, 2012

I am roughing in a Rohl shower (thermostatic valve) that will have two functions: One shower head with volume control, and one handheld shower with volume control.

Since there is no tub, can I use that mixer port for one of the other functions, or am I supposed to tee off the upper port toward each volume control? I know there is higher volume from the tub filler port, but wondering if there's a reason not to do this for another function since they each have their own flow restrictor anyway.

The hot and cold supplies are 1/2" (not the 3/4" that is recommended).

Also, the handheld will be on the far side of an adjacent wall (interior wall) at a higher level level than the mixer and the other volume control. Any recommendations on the configuration of that piping? If I can pipe from the tub port of the mixer, can it just travel over and then up into the volume control valve, or do I need to loop upward for any part of it?

Thanks very much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

I found the answer. Bottom port is for volume control and tub filler only. Using it for anything else can mess with the water temps if more than one function is in use at the same time.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
ohmmm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™