Hot water radiator

gildomiloJune 12, 2010

All of the hot water radiators on the second floor of our house (1929 construction) have a valve, then a tee on the same side of the radiator. The water comes in from the vale, through a center passage of the tee and into the radiator. I assume the cold water is then forced out through the outer passage of the tee and down the return pipe. Is this an old type of monoflow tee? Does anyone know why are the second floor radiators like this, and the first floor ones have a feed pipe on one side and return pipe on the other?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

duplicate posting

    Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 2:24PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
Trying to verify gas pipe size
I am installing a new natural gas range and oven, and...
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™