Dog 'Communicators'

schoolhouse_gwSeptember 28, 2009

Do you believe in these people? I was at an event recently where a lady who called herself a dog communicator charged $35 a session to sit and talk with your dog. She claimed to be able to find out what the dog was trying to tell its owner about issues in its life. A friend I met there was all excited about this lady, saying that she (friend) who is involved in dog rescue often takes rescued dogs to the communicator in order for the dog to "tell" her about their problems and background.

Awhile ago I received an email forwarded from a shelter by a friend, about a boxer who needed a home asap. The dog had some issues and when a communicator "talked" to it, the dog said he "wanted to play ball with the boy" - a shelter worker's son (!). So he did, and the dog came out of his shell a bit. Now, I don't know whether to believe this or not. What do you all think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

Capital B. Capital S.

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 8:00PM
mazer415

They wirk by proiding as little information as possible and you the listener fill in the blanks. eal pychics are out there, and you can find them by looking for detail. Looks to me like the chances of this dog running into a "boy with a ball" in its likfe is probably pretty high, you filled in the rest yourself. Psychics worth anything will give you much more detail. Think about it, how many dogs dont like playing ball with a kid???

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 8:59PM
joepyeweed

I communicate with my dogs all the time.

I think it would be hard to find a dog that doesn't want to play ball with a boy.

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 10:41AM
centralcacyclist

Gina! ROFL!

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 10:50AM
schoolhouse_gw

I'm glad there are others who feel the same way I do about it, but my friend was so serious when she told me about taking the rescues for consultations that I didn't want to stand there and argue, esp. at an event in a large group.

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 1:54PM
prairie_love

What JoePye said.

And what Gina said.

And what Mazer said.

In no particular order (except that JPW was funniest).

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 2:45PM
shroppie

I hope the "communicator" isn't charging the rescue - $35 can go a long way to providing REAL help to the dogs - better nutrition, vet care and medications, training equipment I'd question any rescue wasting $$ on frivilous (as Gina said) Capital B. Capital S.

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 2:45PM
mazer415

Sorry about my spelling - I have injured my left hand and sometimes my typing shows it!!

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 3:07PM
nancyinmich

I sat down next to the "dog psychic" while walking through the vendors in a dog fair. Ha! She was so very wrong, I was amazed. She seemed to be begging for clues, and when I did not respond, she did not like it. I just walked away.

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 2:19AM
More Discussions
special food for cat's renal failure?
My 15 yr old male cat Jagra has now got kidney problems...
MrsLizzyNorCal Suns17-USDA9b
It's 2015....time for a new post about Vaccuum cleaners for Pet hair!!
Exciting, I know!! :). I searched and the most recent...
magsnj
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
swee' Pea got her angel wings yesterday
I lost my sweet dane girl to liver failure. It was...
Ninapearl
Cat,s ears causing misery
we adopted sweet kitty (8yrsold) just 6 wks ago. Took...
dancingirl_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™