if you have Super White counters, what color paint?

kitchen-renoMarch 14, 2014

I'm about 75% sure we're going with Super White (or Wicked White as they're calling it at our warehouse) to match our white inset cabs and light-to-med colored oak floors. Appliances are stainless. This is for a combined kitchen dining space. The kitchen area will have very little paint due to layout, but the dining area has some big walls.

wondering what color paint folks have chosen with a similar color scheme? thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TB151

Did you pick those from the Boston Granite Exchange?? Thats the only place I've seen wicked white, which looks awesome. We have something very similar and went with benjamin Moore's Barren Plain. Its a gray and I have one pic below. Unfortunately I took these pics during a blizzard so its a tad dark, but we absolutely love the color. They have alot of different similar shades as well.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 9:41AM
xc60

I believe Beekeeperswife has Super White and that her paint is BM Gray Owl.

We also have Super White and our walls are CIL Silver Quill, but we will be repainting some rooms that have the Silver Quill. It looks great on the paint chip a nice soft silvery beige, but boy can this paint change due to lighting. Some very bright rooms look a shocking bright baby blue and others the nice soft silvery beige. Eeekkkk!

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 10:15AM
kitchen-reno

TB151 - Yes, Boston Granite Exchange! What are your counters? they look beautiful. My cabinets and floors are also very similar to yours. I'm really unsure on the wicked white/super white after hearing mixed experiences. My fabricator was also suggesting that it is probably not the best option for us.

I'm not a huge cook, but we do use our kitchen daily - with just our family of 4 and friends/family. I can't be running around wiping counters whenever we are in the room. I think I need to pick something "safer" :-(

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 12:55PM
slush1422

We have Super White honed and our walls are BM Revere Pewter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of our Kitchen Remodel

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 2:33PM
elizabeth714

i have wicked white, and went gray. I got it at Gerrity Stone.

This post was edited by elizabeth714 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 13:42

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 1:41PM
maddmadd620

TB 151- Sorry to jump in, random question, what size is your kitchen? We are working on a layout and I'm trying to get a feel for what size. Your kitchen is very nice!

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 9:11PM
nhbaskets

We have SW and went with BM Manchester Tan. As with you, the kitchen will have very little paint once completed, but it opens up to our living room. Went with this color as it blends well with our living room furnishing. I'm hoping the blue island will tie everything together.

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
Need advice on Backsplash
I am a chef and caterer--I'm just finishing up a large...
avolab
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™