Ham Shank Again

olga_6bDecember 22, 2012

First I have to appologize. I know I asked this question last year before Christmas and got wonderful responses, but I can't find this post. I tried to search for ham and pork and using my name, I can't find it:(
I wanted to do this last year, but didn't get a right ham. So this year I bought Ham Shank and want to roast it.
I don't like sweet meat and I like to have meat flavor to dominate. So I am looking for simple way to roast Ham shank w/o glase, etc. I want it juicy, not dry, this is the main thing. So what would be the best oven temperature to roast it, any other recommedations? I saw post on the current page for fresh ham. I can use this recipe probably, but my ham shank unfortunately has no skin.
So would you do to get a simple juicy pork from skinless ham shank?
Thank you very much.
Olga

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cynic

Is it pre-cooked? If so, you basically want to warm it. I'm still a fan of the electric roaster. Don't recall a time when I really had anything dried out in there. Otherwise a baking bag or wrap it in foil. It can also make a difference on how much water has been injected.

Is this the thread you were looking for?

This post was edited by cynic on Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 19:50

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 7:43PM
dixiedog_2007

Olga, here is your thread from last year. Try searching google under your name. It works much better then Gardenweb's search feature.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cooking/msg122050007616.html

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 7:49PM
debbyga

D it on low for around 4 hours in the crockpot. It comes out very moist and delicious.

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 8:31PM
olga_6b

Thank you very much. Great advice to search using google instead of Gardenweb and big thanks for finding my last year post. I tried Gardenweb :(
It is not pre-cooked and it will not fit into even biggest crock pot. I need to roast it in the oven.
Olga

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Another kitchen science accidental experiment
The other day I made a soup with potatoes, tomatoes,...
sally2_gw
Question for Grainlady or other good bakers
My daughter-in-law has recently developed gluten intolerance--she...
laceyvail
What to do with fermented green tomaotes?
We have more than a lifetime's worth of fermented green...
matthias_lang
Slightly shocket at Joy of Baking video
I started watching the Apple Pie video and right at...
wintercat_gw
Does this Nutella frosting on my cake need to be refrigerated?
I finally found a Nutella frosting recipe that I really...
sooz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™