Copper to PVC

mike_kaiser_gwMay 12, 2013

I'm in the middle of re-tiling a bathroom floor that will necessitate a change in the height of the closet flange. What's there now is a 3" copper and there's absolutely no play in the pipe, nor practical (easy) way to change it.

I've played with a couple of plastic fittings and I can get the required height but I need a way to transition to copper. I looked at a couple of rubber couplings but didn't see anything likely to work.

Are there specific PVC to copper couplings?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


    Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 6:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I looked at Fernoc but couldn't find the the right fitting. Looked again and found it under their "Proflex" series. If I'm reading it right, it's 3007-33 for "plastic, steel, or heavy wall cast iron to copper.

Now to find one. They don't seem very common!

    Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 11:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

3" copper? Are you positive it's copper? Regardless you will need to find the Fernco perhaps at a professional supply store.

    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 8:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Absolutely positive it's copper.

    Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 9:16AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Inspection Hell (or why not to DIY)
Hi everyone, First time poster but long time lurker....
Trying to verify gas pipe size
I am installing a new natural gas range and oven, and...
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
Hard Water or What?
We are renting an older duplex home in CT, and the...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™