Marlo Water Softener

CW78May 31, 2011

Can anyone out there recommend Marlo water softeners (residential) or give me any pro/con opinions? I cannot find any information on the internet. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

If you can't find any info on the internet and the seller can't or won't provide any then best to avoid that brand.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 5:21PM
asolo

Apparently you did it wrong. I googled "marlo water softeners" and found pages instantly. Commercial and residential offerings. I know nothing about them but there's TONS of information instantly available.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 7:05PM
justalurker

I didn't get around to GGOGLING till now and there they are...

Seems like industry standard stuff. The models with the Clack control are more desirable than the models with the Autotrol control.

The real info you need is HOW MUCH? If they are priced in the market then if correctly sized for your water conditions and water use and properly set up for efficient operation there's no reason not to. I'd check around with local water treatment professionals. You might find exactly the same softener for less money.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 7:55PM
CW78

Sorry! What I should have said is that I cannot find any independent information-----the sort of thing where people are either complaining or singing the praises of the thing. There is a ton of information on the web that says very little. Their company website is pretty pitiful compared to the others. The post from justalurker is the most helpful thing I have read so far today.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 9:03PM
justalurker

There's not much info because the softener is assembled from industry standard components and that makes it good, reliable, and unremarkable... price withstanding.

If what you want to know is how is their service and their reputation that is harder to find.

I'd hit the Yellow Pages to find local independent water treatment pros who sell industry standard softeners. Those people will have local reputations... good or bad.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 9:17PM
rjh2o

Marlo has primarily used Fleck control valves in the past. Their early cabinet model valves were an Erie valve I believe. Currently they offer the Autotrol and Clack line of water softener valves for residential use. The commercial valves are still Flecks. You really can not go wrong with the Clack valve, great valve, easy to work on, excellent electronics. There are not a lot of Marlo dealers around anymore. But these valve can be serviced by most independent dealers.
RJ

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 10:04PM
rjh2o

CW78 you can go to www.wqa.org to look for a certified water treatment professional in your area.
Depending on where you live you can contact Nelsen corp.
http://www.nelsencorp.com/ in Ohio or Arizona for an independent dealer in your area.
RJ

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 1:52PM
aliceinwonderland_id

Why Nelson Corp, specifically?

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 10:14AM
justalurker

"Why Nelson Corp, specifically?"

JMO...

Because Nelsen Corp is the biggest of the drop shipping wholesale distributors. I find Nelsen Corp ethically challenged (regardless of what they say on their web site) because they are responsible for most of the softener hucksters who sit at their kitchen table and sell softeners over the internet (for a quick profit) that are incorrectly sized and set up with no service

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 10:41AM
obrionusa

My local plumbing supply warehouse sells this brand. I'm too looking for a new softner and cant find any reviews on the marlo brand. The plumbing supply store gives me a contractor discount there. Did you go with a marlo brand?

Bookmark   October 17, 2011 at 8:50AM
More Discussions
Quality of what general contactor is providing
I don't feel qualified to inspect my new home currently...
Larry Lotter
Undermount sink edge intrudes on cut-out for faucet
15 years ago my kitchen was totally renovated by a...
Andee
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
nomar116
Fleck 5600SXT 64k Setup
Well I recently had a new water softener installed...
SheeB
Marble shower panels valve replacement :( !!!
We have a couple of bathrooms with a single handle...
Vamsi Kodavanty
Sponsored Products
Chelsea Home Hudson 2 Piece Living Room Set Upholstered in MarloIvory
Beyond Stores
Chelsea Home Hudson Sofa Upholstered in MarloIvory
Beyond Stores
Thro by Marlo Lorenz Chevron Microplush Throw Blanket - 04664 SEA FOG
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Butler Masterpiece Marlo Vanity Stool
Beyond Stores
Rizoel Rod Pocket Curtain - 935MARLO001RPPUL 055084
$63.99 | Hayneedle