are all Delta faucets equal?

tabbaldwinMay 27, 2010

My builder says he uses Delta and is going to give me a catalog from which to choose. Is there any quality difference between what he can get through a plumbing supply store and the big box stores?

THanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

Apparently yes. The stuff from the big box stores have some changes (and different model numbers) to keep the supplier costs lower. They may have cheaper parts, thinner gauge metal etc. But if the part numbers are exactly the same, it's the same stuff.

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 9:14PM
terri23

My plumber also wants me to buy from his supplier, which is alot more expensive. He says he won't warrant anything not purchased through them. I've noticed that the big box stores sell a Delta series 14 and his supplier sells series 17. I'm guessing the higher the number, the better the quality?

Bookmark   June 2, 2010 at 10:26PM
tabbaldwin

I think the 17 series has the thermostatic control?

I think I'll go ahead and use what our GC uses (for warranty purposes). If I want to change out the shower heads later, I might do that. I wish there was more of a choice (Delta) in the kind of kitchen faucet I want, though.

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 8:10PM
homebound

If it's a faucet then I would insist on getting what you want. If you have to pay the difference, or write some sort of warrantee exclusion for the faucet, so be it. You're you're the paying customer.

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 9:37PM
stash-hdy

Get the faucet you want, most faucets are guaranteed for life by the manufacturer so parts are given to you. Labor is not included but parts are easily replaced and thus not to costly. Get what you want. Keep the paperwork so you know the model and date of purchase.

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
bathroomblues1
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
Cassandra
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™