Kitchen Sink: Flow not smooth

MaryalicemMay 25, 2013

So, we are finishing a complete kitchen remodel. I have two sinks (main and prep on island). I ordered the LadyLux 3 faucet from Grohe for both sinks. Once installed, the main faucet flow was miserable - all choppy and too forceful - splashed everywhere. Plumber came out, checked the flow rate to the house and it was fine. We had an extra faucet on hand due to the 2nd faucet being defective, so he switched our the spray head and the problem seemed fixed. Nice water - strong but not choppy and splashy. Used it for a round of dishes last night and it seems to be getting worse by the minute. Coming out too forceful, not as choppy, but very splashy. What gives? All reviews for this faucet are super positive. It wasn't cheap....all of the plumbing is new, water softener in place... HELP!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SnidelyWhiplash

The water is coming out with too much force? Don't turn it on all the way.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 5:12PM
aliceinwonderland_id

What is the pressure in to your home?

Have you removed the aerator and checked for debris? Often, debris in the pipes can get knocked loose during a remodel.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 6:48PM
Maryalicem

I will check for debris. Would have thought the plumber would have done this! Thanks for the reminder. Re: Snidley's suggestion - hardly seems right to have a new faucet that you can't use at full capacity. We'll get it right - one way or another! Thanks all.

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Trying to verify gas pipe size
I am installing a new natural gas range and oven, and...
hoolabob
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
Plumbing Kohler Ceiling Tub Filler K-922
Anyone have experience installing this laminar flow...
Logcabin1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™