Advantix - hot spots

carmen_grower_2007September 6, 2010

We gave our new 10 mo. old lab Advantix when we got him several weeks ago. We also gave it to our 2 yr. old lab who just got over hot spots. We started the medication because we assumed the hot spots were due to fleas even though we have never seen one.

The new dog has developed sores on the exact places where I put the Advantix, so I don't think it is a coincidence. Any one else have this reaction? (The other dog wasn't affected.) I have had many dogs in my lifetime and this is the first experience with 'hot spots'.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carmen_grower_2007

Never mind --- I 'googled' it and found that there can be side effects, although very rare. Obviously, our dog had one of those rare side effects and I won't be giving it to him again.

I originally got it for our other dog who had a bad case of hot spots that we thought might be due to flea allergies. Still, I don't think I will be giving her another dose either and will see if she breaks out again. Since she had no reaction to the Advantix, I will continue it with her if it looks like she has a problem without it for the next two months.

Bookmark   September 6, 2010 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Smelly dog ears
I am not used to having a long floppy eared dog (Dachshund)....
lily316
Kitty Xanax?
We have 6 cats, two are in desperate need of a grooming....
cornsnakelover
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
My cat won't eat or drink
My cat Shonen stopped eating and drinking 3 weeks ago...
andrea_san_diego
Dog still has fleas after using Frontline Plus..
Two weeks ago, I gave my dog a bath and then applied...
dianamo_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™