Cat peeing on bed

eaemthomasSeptember 15, 2013

Hi all! We have a 6 year old tabby whom we've had since he was 7 weeks old. We also have an 8 month old black cat whom we've had since she was 7 weeks old. 2 weeks ago our 9 year old long haired tabby passed away from liver failure. He died at home with us and was made comfortable. Our 6 year old, Sebastian, was with him all the time. Towards the end foster was laying in the same area on our bed and sleeping a lot. Since he passed Sebastian has seemed sad or off. He's been very clingy to myself and my husband. About 3 days ago we noticed he is now peeing on the bed where foster laid his last two weeks of life. The litter boxes are clean and this just started so recently. Can the two be related? What can we do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

There was a thread about cats peeing on beds some time ago. Not sure at all if it would be relevant to your situation or not, but here's the link anyway. It will be suggested that you take Sebastian to the vet for a check-up. Could be an infection or some health issue.

Have you changed the litter brand?

Here is a link that might be useful: peeing on bed

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 11:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eaemthomas

We changed their little almost a year ago. He has had no problem with it since then. And this only just started after foster passed away. I'm worried its am anxiety issue.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
Excellent Animal Hospital in New England?
We are happy with our vet (actually vets, she has a...
sue36
cat with renal failure
My 17 yo cat has renal failure and has developed abdominal...
dlana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™