paint color help--peacock verde

suzan30March 12, 2010

Does anyone know a good color to go with peacock verde granite? I am thinking that a nice green is the way to go, but do you have other suggestions? I've looked at a zillion different colors and am now completely confused!

Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peaches12345

I just used a Duron 'Colors of Historic Charleston Collection' blue-green called "Comingtee" with my Verde Butterfly granite. It looks fabulous and I think it is worth a look for you. Just google what I have above. (I don't know how to link, sorry.) It is greener than it looks on my monitor, but definetly blue-green. SW bought out Duron, so you can get the Duron brochure and sample at SW. There also is a peacock color.

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 8:29PM
angieshell

I think a darker green would look awesome. And with having some gold in it you could even use a warm yellow. I found a pic of verde peacock. Is this the right color?

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 10:08PM
sewwhatsnew

I have verde peacock, and I love it, it really looks black, not green.
I love gray greens, but would not use green with this granite.I would use Decatur Buff, or a golden tan. Maybe Wilmington Tan, or Shellburne Buff. My walls are a shade darker than Powell Buff, and I may repaint Decatur Buff, which is currently in the sunroom.

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 10:47PM
lukkiirish

We used RL Gold Finch yellow and it looks great! I think it really depends on how much green YOUR stone has and how much light you get in your space that will dictate just how well a green will work. Our particular stone is pretty dark in most lighting, but in the morning, that sunlight shines in and the emerald green background of our stone is more visible. For that reason, with as much as a I would LOVE to have a green kitchen I'm refraining.

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 11:31AM
yborgal

We have Butterfly Verde granite countertops and have painted different rooms in Stuart Gold and Olive Branch. Both colors work well with the granite.

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 4:47PM
annzgw

The ad below shows a room with Peacock Verde. I believe that's the color granite I have in my kitchen and MB and I've used a rusty red and dark tan with it. Both colors look good.

As lukkiirish said, it depends on how much green your stone has. Mine only shows the green flecks in the MB under the brightest of light, and then you have to look for it!

Is the granite already installed?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 11:05AM
bfletcher1

We have this granite with medium brown cabinets and we painted Duron Tobacco Road and I absolutely love it.
I usually hate all the paint colors that I pick, but this time it came out awesome. If you google it, you will get lots of info about it.
I love my granite as well.

Bookmark   March 16, 2010 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Area Rugs - Will Viscose rug last?
Hi, I am in the midst of redecorating my LR & DR....
fillagirl
Zinc top dining table- is it durable with kids??
We're looking for a new dining table for our formal...
myfirsthouse
Abandoned Mansions
I think abandoned places are so interesting. Even the...
jlc712
Replace fan/light combo with light?
I have a Broan fan/light combo in my laundry room....
misformink
Help!! Has anyone seen this rug??
I saved this rug in one of my files last week. Now...
lcskaisgir
Sponsored Products
Flos | Ray F2 Floor Lamp
YLiving.com
Elk Lighting Millionaire Pet Bookends - 91-2271
$58.00 | Hayneedle
Rockford Tea Leaf Neutral Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Alvaro Zampognaro & Gennaro Pifferaro Figurines by Alessi
$37.00 | Lumens
Cove 7.3-inch Crown Molding
Overstock.com