Low pressure caused by single handle faucet?

westernbeeApril 26, 2010

We're in the middle of a kitchen remodel and among other things replaced the old two-handled faucet with a modern single-handled Moen faucet with pull down faucet. The kitchen is the furthest faucet from the pressure tank. The dishwasher is hooked into the line approximately 8' prior to the sink hook-up on that same line.

When I first installed the Moen yesterday (Sunday), the pressure was great. Today, it's a trickle. Every other faucet in the house is fine. The dishwasher connection on this line is fine, too - I just checked it. So pressure is excellent there, but 6-8' later it's a trickle.

Prior to installing the Moen, I did run both the hot and cold connections under the kitchen sinks into a bucket to ensure there was no gunk or whatever that had fallen in during remodel. Both connections were fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Good post. You've done most of the important work -- and described it -- already. There's an obstruction and you're very close to knowing exactly where it is -- at least within eight feet. Let's get closer.

I'm betting something's loose either in the faucet-head or in the control guts. This will tell you where to look next.

By "pull down faucet", I'm assuming you mean one of those that's connected to flexible line that can be pulled out a bit? Next step should be to disconnect that flex-line from the faucet and see what you've got flowing from it. Easy and takes seconds to accomplish.

If I've misunderstood the set-up, please disregard....except for the concept. There is an obstruction and you're very close to isolating and discovering it.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 12:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

begin by cleaning the screens in the aireator

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 12:30AM
More Discussions
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
nomar116
how to turn off dual water handle on kitchen valves
I need to turn off water to kitchen sink. We have...
akaelsie
Under counter water filters…again
I've lurked here for over a year and have learned so...
motherwallace
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
vossner
Salt-free water conditioning
Hi all, Considering installing a water softener in...
tucker_troy
Sponsored Products
BAZZ Recessed Lighting 800 Series 4 in. Halogen Low-Voltage Recessed White
$26.25 | Home Depot
Floating Square Black Table Lamp
$49.95 | Lamps Plus
Ephesus Collection Black French Border Area Rug (4'10 x 6'10)
Overstock.com
Kalina Square Bronze Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Eliot Leather Bumper Chaise - Brighton Parrot Red
Joybird Furniture
Walters modern sectional sofa
Interior Define
Domi Marble Bronze Mini Pendant
$198.00 | Bellacor
RainShield Rectangular Table Cover
$139.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for: