If PA uses UCC code, do I need an air gap?

lithiginApril 21, 2011

I just read a bunch of posts basically saying "few states other than CA require an air gap anymore." I also skimmed one that I think said that IRC codes don't require an air gap, but UCC codes do. Except that I closed that tab and can't find it again!

I live in PA, which uses UCC code, but I can't download the actual code itself to look it up. Does anyone know if PA requires an air gap, or if UCC code does?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think Pennsylvania uses IPC.

IPC 802.1.6 allows connecting through an air gap or discharge into a wye-branch fitting on the tailpiece of the kitchen sink, or the dishwasher connection of a food waste grinder. If you don't use an air gap the dishwasher waste line has to loop up and be fastened to the underside of the counter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pennsylvania Plumbing Code

    Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 6:16PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
Kitchen sink faucet lost its water pressure
I did some preventative maintenance this evening by...
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
Electric Water Heater Problem
I have an electric water heater; about a month ago...
Help, water filter?
I recently bought a rural home, and have yet to move...
Sponsored Products
Congress Tear Drop Semi Flush
Remote for Battery-operated Outdoor Flameless Candle
Hold 'em Up! Bookends
$49.99 | Dot & Bo
Eastwood Sectional - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
Carpyen | Finger Pendant Light
$504.00 | YLighting
Woody Leaf LED Tabletop Indoor - Outdoor Fountain
$99.00 | Lamps Plus
Number 1
Grandin Road
Holley Teak Folding Arm Chair
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™