I don't know if any of you read this before,......

trisha57_nyAugust 30, 2009

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yborgal

It's a beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing.

Your pictures of Duff are beautiful. What a handsome boy he is. It's such a tragedy that he should have to undergo a cancer battle once again after what he's been through.

But he'll get through this, no matter the outcome, in a way made far easier because he has you by his side to love and comfort him through the difficult times ahead.

God Bless you both,
M.

Bookmark   August 30, 2009 at 8:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lori239

That is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes - thank you for sharing.

Bookmark   September 1, 2009 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
How to get my new cat to stop fighting old/current cats
I posted a few weeks ago for advice on introducing...
phish_gw
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
Constipated Kitty (Warning - LONG)
Hi All - I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile,...
manda3183
swee' Pea got her angel wings yesterday
I lost my sweet dane girl to liver failure. It was...
Ninapearl
Lactaid all right for my cat?
Like a lot of cats, my kitty is lactose intolerant....
sandyslopes z5 northern UT
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™