Tub Drain Vent

userbobApril 30, 2012

I am having a tough time coming up with a solution to vent my drain for a pier-style tub. Below is my planned layout for my master bathroom remodel. This drawing is to scale. It is about 10' wide (left-right) by 14' long (up-down).

This is on the main floor of the house. The joists below run horizontally. I don't know how I can do a p-trap and then a vent line with this setup. I was thinking about having a vent line go up inside the custom cabinet at the foot of the tub, but I'm not sure if there will be room. The tub drain will be about 9' from the wall on the left that currently has a lot of plumbing in it (this is a shared wall with another bathroom).

Any other ideas? I can help clear up things if needed as well.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

Add some proposed DWV lines to the drawing.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 9:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
userbob

Here you go. The red lines are the drain lines for the water and the blue circles and lines are the vent lines. Remember, there are already vent and drain lines on the left side of this drawing as that wall contains plumbing for a bathroom on the other side of that wall.

I put question marks next to the three options I see that are available to me to vent the tub. The ? in the custom cabinet and the ? below that one (inside a wall adjoining the bedroom) are the two I'm not sure how to do exactly. The joists run left-right and I would have to go below the joists with my vent line to get to that wall before I can run upward to the attic. The vent in the custom cabinet might not have to go under the joists since I can make space above the floor for the piping.

By far the easiest solution would be to use the vent on the left of the drawing, but that is 9' away and that, I'm guessing, is a big no-no.

Are there any options or ideas I'm missing? BTW, I'm in Illinois. No AAV's allowed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Layout with plumbing

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
how to turn off dual water handle on kitchen valves
I need to turn off water to kitchen sink. We have...
akaelsie
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
nomar116
Hot water backflowing into cold supply
OK, I'm rephrasing my question, as what I'd asked before...
pjb999
PEX... Is a manifold necessary?
Getting ready to build a house and currently talking...
rmverb
Salt-free water conditioning
Hi all, Considering installing a water softener in...
tucker_troy
Sponsored Products
Quest Concealed 1 Outlet Twin Thermostatic Shower Valve (Slim Plate)
Hudson Reed
Atlantis Tubs 6060SDL Sublime 60 x 60 x 23 - Inch Corner Air & Whirlpool Jetted
Beyond Stores
Bimini Outdoor Sofa Cover
$124.50 | FRONTGATE
Oval White Ceramic Wall Mounted Corner Bathroom Sink
TheBathOutlet
Americh LEX 6230 Freestanding Tub (62" x 30" x 23")
Modern Bathroom
Double Slipper 72-inch Cast Iron Clawfoot Bathtub
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™