high arc faucet option

rj56April 12, 2010

I like the idea of easier pot filling with a high arc faucet,and am attracted to the pull down spray feature, but most seem so high and large and I fear will overpower my standard sink and modest kitchen. Has anyone used one of the high arc prep faucets at their main sink, or is that a no-no? (I did read on one of the prep faucet spec sheets, to not use with a dishwasher.)

Here is my current sink and faucet. I am considering replacing the sink with a Blancodiamond single or 1 1/2 drop in, or may do stainless again. I really wanted a single hole, pull down with no deck plate.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sammiecanada

I have wondered the same thing-your kitchen sink, sprayer, and window placement look exactly like mine! I have decided to go forward and replace the sink, countertops and get a new Ladylux 3 pull down faucet. I want the one hole as well so hopefully it will look alright. I figure, it's what is convenient for me so as long as I'm happy our house will be happy!

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 11:47AM
live_wire_oak

You'll have to replace your countertops to a solid surface like granite if you want a single hole faucet install. Or you can just cover the other 3 holes with cover plates if you keep a topmount sink. Undermounting a sink and using a single hole faucet greatly simplifies the "busyness" of the installation and looks much better than having the "soldier lineup" of a 4 hole faucet and topmount sink.

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 4:56PM
rj56

Yes, I like the simple look without all the pop ups. It appears the blanco single topmount comes with one hole in the right corner, and an optional knock out in the left corner, and I've seen other sinks where you can specify how many holes. What are your feelings about the size of those high arc faucets?

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 6:06PM
rj56

The Danze Fairmont is less than 11 inches tall, but has a side sprayer. How close does the sprayer need to be installed to the faucet? The single sink's holes would be about 23 inches apart (one at each corner).

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 7:18PM
More Discussions
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
Yes or No to Easy Water (no-salt) water softener?
I started this thread to reply to Sam because the prior...
peoplelover
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
Cold Water TOO COLD! What to do?
I know there is a lot of concern over regulating hot...
mrb6228
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™