Low Water Pressure in Kitchen Sink

lex127April 21, 2011

Hi - I'm having water pressure issues in my kitchen sink only. I have a Pfister pull-out faucet (Model # F-WKP-53). There is no side sprayer.

A few days ago I had the faucet running. While I was using it there seemed to be a noticeable drop in water pressure. I had the dishwasher going at the same time and thought that maybe that was the issue and it would just go back to normal later. That did not happen.

The faucet isn't leaking. I went to some websites that suggested removing the head and seeing the flow coming from the hose (which apparently would help rule out an aerator issue) and I thought the flow seemed a little weak. The water pressure is the same whether it is on hot or cold. THere are no other water pressure issues with any other sinks.

I know nothing about plumbing so any advice is appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kbncan

Might be a blockage in the line at the faucet. I had that issue when we used the hot water side all of a sudden low flow. Opened it up and found a gasket fell apart and a small piece clogged the line.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 11:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lex127

Thanks kbncan. I know nothing about plumbing. Can you take a look at this diagram and tell me where I should be looking?

http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/www/ImageAssets/mirror/model/kitchen/classic/clsfwkp-53/28746-0600.pdf

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
Yes or No to Easy Water (no-salt) water softener?
I started this thread to reply to Sam because the prior...
peoplelover
Sewer line disaster
originally posted on another website, but in the spirit...
bossyvossy
Waste pipe uneven elbow leak
The gaskets are removed to show the situation in the...
rubyhum
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
blessedmomof4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™