Drain Pipe for Toilet

spafrica2003April 28, 2010

I'm replacing the cast-iron drain stack with ABS. Currently the toilet drain comes out of the bottom of the toilet, into a 90 degree bend, travels about 2.5 feet and enters the stack in a Sani-T. I want to replace it with a 45 degree angle that enters a Wye. Is that considered a violation of code?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

code prohibits connecting a waste arm to a vertical stack with a wye & 1/8 bend...you must use a sani-tee

    Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 10:25AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

When you say "waste arm" does that include any drain pipe or just toilet drains?

Also, what's the reason a Wye and 1/8 bend are prohibited in the code? What would that do to the system? It seems to me it would eliminate clog points by having fewer sharp angles for things to pass around.

    Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 1:15PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
shower neck leaking
Just installed a shower head (in new construction),...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™