Pee-resistant doormat?

alisonnAugust 6, 2012

Short question: Realized cat has been peeing on the doormat OUTSIDE the door. After I clean the area with vinegar (other suggestions?), I'm thinking that maybe there is a doormat out there that won't feel so welcoming on kitty feet. Any ideas?

Longer clarification: Yes--cat has been to the vet numerous times, went from indoor cat several years ago to an outdoor cat. She also like to take a poop on the deck on occasion. She is allowed supervised visits in the family room with us and sleeps in a huge cage indoors at night. We have 2.17 acres for her to use as a toilet, but I guess she likes to do her business close to home.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annzgw

It's possible there's another cat in the neighborhood leaving its mark, but try cleaning it with an enzyme made for cat urine. Vinegar does nothing to remove the odor cats can smell.

I would treat the area all around and under, the doormat then buy a new mat.

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 7:49PM
schoolhouse_gw

annz could be right. Have you actually seen your cat doing the business on the mat or deck?

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 5:43PM
ellusionz

Its always recommended to keep your cat indoors. Especially if you have that much property, cats make great snacks for hawks and other country critters. If shes not fixed and goes into heat, other male cats will mark your door also.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
Need some advice regarding my neighbor's dogs.......kinda long....
She has 3 dogs - 12 yr old Collie (some arthritis issues),...
kitasmommie
I'm new!
Hi every body ! My name adi i am going to buy a dog...
adi003
UBAVET Joint Plus Glucosamine HCL
Does anyone have their dog or cat on UBAVET Joint Plus...
marielle(zone4b-5a)
Need recommendation for an easy grip leash
I've seen several when google searching the subject,...
arkansas_girl
dry food for cats that can't eat dry food ;)
Howdy all, There seems to be a lot of experience here...
GWgal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™