cat trees

snuggles2010August 11, 2012

I'm looking for cat trees covered with real carpet and not the faux fur / faux carpet / faux sheepskin stuff. I see a few sellers here and there and some on ebay once in a while but seem to be harder to find now. Can anyone suggest a site where I might find some real carpeted ones?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annzgw

Petsmart has some nice ones. I bought mine there (local store) and it has carpet and sisal. The tallest I could find is 5 1/2' tall but it has turned out to be the perfect height. Besides height, another requirement I had was the trays needed to be a certain size since my cat is long and tall.
She has never used the horizontal tube and only sleeps on the highest tray.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 3:12PM
susanjn

Also Petco & Pet Supplies Plus. It seems like all the ones I see have carpet. What is faux carpet? Maybe I don't know what you mean by real carpet.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 5:24PM
jomuir

Costco if you have one nearby, has the best prices bar none for cat trees. We've gotten 2 that are 6 ft. tall w/multiple perches & tunnels, both were $60-80. Ours are both carpeted not sisal.
The cats love them!

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 8:49AM
snuggles2010

Thanks for the tips.

I will have to check out the stores, I started looking online and it seemed like everyone was fake.

Susan - jomuir posted a pic of what I would call real carpet, the ones that I don't want are the like the Amarkat type where it isn't real carpet.
http://www.wayfair.com/Armarkat-74-Classic-Cat-Tree-in-Beige-A7401-ATM1010.html

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 2:16PM
lily316

Drs. Foster & Smith is where I bought mine.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 2:58AM
pamghatten

Interesting .. guess I never looked at the difference between carpet and fabric ... I got the Petco cat tree I've linked to below, which has fabric ... but I don't see that it wears or is an different to clean than the old one I have that is real carpet.

I loved the free shipping, and the cats love the different levels.

Here is a link that might be useful: PetCo Cat Tree

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 1:15PM
airforceguy

We have 3 cat trees from Armarkat and love them!! Our largest 1 has real carpet(its a premium one) and the other 1 is the faux stuff---but we bought that 1 in 2005 and still going strong!! I dont even look at another company when it comes to trees--and no I don't work for the company,lol Just for the value and quality, they are hard to beat!!

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 2:29PM
lanshowcase

I Hv this one , at the begining ,the cat refused to climb it , but i think she love it now

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 10:21PM
airforceguy

To save further $$$ I use a site called retail me not, put armarkats name in the search bar and usually find a coupon for 10% off and free shipping. Use it for many other online sites as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: re tail me not

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 8:56AM
More Discussions
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
Can I help a wild rabbit in my yard?
I live in Western NY state and I was shocked to see...
rochesterroseman
How to get my new cat to stop fighting old/current cats
I posted a few weeks ago for advice on introducing...
phish_gw
Help with death on my dog
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
Excellent Animal Hospital in New England?
We are happy with our vet (actually vets, she has a...
sue36
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™