Can I separate the faucet/handles from 4' centerset faucet

tofu_flavoredApril 10, 2010

First, I know nothing about plumbing. But is it possible (for someone who does know stuff about plumbing) to separate the components of a 4" centerset faucet? Obviously it couldn't be the kind where the spout is molded from the base, but rather the kind where it swivels (I'm assuming the swiveling kind of spout is not attached to the base but I could be wrong). This would essentially create a widespread faucet. Reason for doing? The 4" faucets are less expensive than the widespread, and sometimes the 4" pieces are a little smaller than the widespread; also, easier to clean separate components. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Most 4 inch sets use a single valve body and outlet.

There are separable sets available that connect with hoses.

Try Renovator's Supply.

    Bookmark   April 11, 2010 at 10:15AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Terminox ISM for iron/manganese removal
Hi, I have had a water softener with other assorted...
Marble shower panels valve replacement :( !!!
We have a couple of bathrooms with a single handle...
Vamsi Kodavanty
Water Softener - Help with Proper System Selection
Hello, I decided to put in a water softener system...
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
Sponsored Products
Pewter Whitehaus 614.121WS Deck Mount Three Holes Knob Bathroom Faucet
$239.00 | Blue Bath
Toto LT645.8G 8 in. Centers Vessel Sink with Sanagloss - LT645.8G#01
$348.84 | Hayneedle
Fresca Torino 54 White Bathroom Vanity w/ Side Cabinets & Vessel Sink
Hudson Reed
KRAUS Bathroom Glass Vessel Sink with Pop up Drain in Callisto and Mounting
Home Depot
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Paragon Series 23 in. x 82 in.
Home Depot
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Legend Series 62 in. x 66 in. Framed
Home Depot
Remer by Nameeks N09S03 Shower Set with Hand Spray - REMER N09S03
$615.00 | Hayneedle
Kingston Brass Heritage KB160 4 in. Centerset Bathroom Faucet Handle - KB1602PL
$84.47 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™