What kind of faucet can i use?

jennybcMarch 25, 2013

We are building new and I purchased this sink for my kitchen. It is large, 42" x 24" by 14" deep.I am currently looking for faucets and may have backed myself into a corner. The sink is in perfect condition just dusty in the picture, and has two holes about 4" apart. Since its the sink it needs to have spray capabilities. It is in front of a window so the high arch commercial models that attach to the wall high are out. I will try to reuse the faucet that came with it in the laundry if it works. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Jenny

This post was edited by jennybc on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 10:57

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mama goose_gw zn6OH

This, or something similar?

Delta 9192T-SSSD-DST Addison Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology and Soap Dispenser, Stainless

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 4:43PM
jennybc

Mama goose thanks! I am considering one similar to that. Would it be weird if its not centered?? I'm also considering a pre-rinse type to balance the size of the sink. What do you think. I'm mainly worried about the not centered issue, if its am issue.

Jen

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:39PM
cookncarpenter

The only problem I see with that soap dispenser, or any for that matter, is the reach from the hole to the sink. The photo may be deceiving, but it looks like quite a ways more distance than a typical sink from the hole center to the closest edge of the sink in the photo.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:56PM
azmom

Some one on this site mentioned Costco has Hansgrohe, Allegro E, Kitchen Faucet on sale, the sale will end on 3/31/13.

The faucets are really nice for the price. We purchased two different ones, one for the kitchen, the other one for laundry room.

Below is the link of the faucets

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco Hansgrohe Kitched faucets

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:58PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

The soap dispenser might add a little balance. It's not something that would bother me too much--especially if I'd scored such a cool sink. The link below has some info and videos--the first pic seems to show the faucet off-center, but the sink appears to be a 60-40.

I used to work for a caterer, so I'm not a big fan of the pre-rinse type (reminds me too much of work). ;)

Not sure of the quality or durability, but I'd love to see someone use this:

Here is a link that might be useful: the best kitchen faucet/cozy

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:01PM
cookncarpenter

Now you've got me thinking, what is the sink made of? Is there an option of drilling a center hole?

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:20PM
jennybc

You guys are awesome.. And all seem to be on at the same time as me! It is cast iron enameled in white. I would hate to drill for fear of cracking or chipping. It isn't really deeper than a normal sink. If it is, its only by an inch. I am going to set it on a custom frame with the front legs made out of turned old front porch posts. Are the pre rinse types further reaching than the standard pull out. I want to make sure I can reach the entire basin. Also if I do a single hole faucet will a soap dispenser 4" away be too close. I was thinking of getting a sink protector/grate for one side and a drying basket on the other as there will be virtually no way to get grates for both sides. (Because of the large size, I did find one close but it was for a farmhouse apron front sink with one large side-back and offset drain).

Thanks again!!

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 10:02PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Another GW member just posted some progress pics, with a faucet that you might consider.

Here is a link that might be useful: justmakeit's kitchen

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
Horrible exsisting kitchen layout. Help.
I need help with a bad kitchen layout. Very narrow...
dogger10
How can I improve this layout?
How can I change this layout and still keep the sink...
houserookie
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
What to put above kitchen window
I would like some help in finding a unique piece of...
zorroslw1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™