Brine tank size

amateurplumberMarch 22, 2013

This may seem like a weird question, but shouldnt all round 18x33" tanks hold the same amount of salt?

So far, just looking around, one website i can buy from has the capacity listed as 375 lbs, another website has the capacity listed as 325 lbs, and another site has the capacity listed as 240 lbs. I would think the largest one would be the best, but I have no experience with these things so I'll defer to you. Any reason for the discrepancy?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aliceinwonderland_id

Some may estimate with different types of salt with different densities. Some may estimate with the tank empty. Some may estimate with or without the brine well, with or without a salt platform. Now, throw in a typo or two.

If all of the tanks you are looking at are 18x33 round, there is no such thing as the "largest" 18x33 round tank. They are all the same size. Since one round 18x33 tank has the same volume as another round 18x33 tank, which has the same volume as yet another round 18x33 tank, and every other round 18x33 tank, it just does not matter.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 10:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amateurplumber

That's what I figured too. You bring up some good points. Thanks for the information Alice.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 11:52AM
More Discussions
Undermount sink edge intrudes on cut-out for faucet
15 years ago my kitchen was totally renovated by a...
Andee
Under counter water filters…again
I've lurked here for over a year and have learned so...
motherwallace
Fleck Drain Question
I am fixing to install a Fleck 9100. I can run a drain...
rss1978
Quality of what general contactor is providing
I don't feel qualified to inspect my new home currently...
Larry Lotter
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
nomar116
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™