Bringing new kitten home w/ upcoming house move?
I haven't posted on here in over a year since we lost our almost 21-yr-old CRF kitty, Casey. It happened just 2 months before we relocated across the country, and we wanted to wait until we were settled (out of the temporary apartment) before getting another kitty.
Anyway, it's been over a year since we moved, and we decided to build a house that we were supposed to move into in June, but it hasn't happened yet (oh, so close). Back in June, with the anticipated move just weeks/month away, I started thinking about kittens. I've only ever had rescues before, but with our experience with Miss Independent, touch-me-not Casey (and how long cats can live, combined with our ages, and hubby's great desire to have a cat he can hold and love on, etc.), we decided to "buy" our love and get a Ragdoll.
As luck would have it, we found a breeder just a few miles from our new house, so I was able to go check her out and meet the kitties, etc. And, she just happened to have 2 litters that would be ready to go home in late August / early Sept--which sounded perfect to us back in early June (and we're getting 1 from each of the 2 litters, born 2 weeks apart).
Here's the dilemma: we can get the first one this weekend, but we're probably about 2 weeks away from moving into the house (we'd have been in by now except for a comedy of errors regarding the hardwood floors--botched stain job requiring complete re-sanding and starting over and then on the second try, they spilled a bucket of polyurethane down the stairs!).
Should I go ahead and get my first baby or wait until we move? I hate to miss out on anymore of his babyhood (he's 12 weeks this weekend).
Thanks for your advice.