Why my friend's cat died
You hear about this but rarely get to find someone affected by it.
My friend's beloved cat started having seizures a year ago. The vet put him on phenylbarbatol, and it was controlled.
But his weight was dropping little by little. Not enough for alarm.
Then in June he went into organ failure and died suddenly.
Just the other day my friend found an old bottle of Pine sol in his cabinet, where the cat had access. There was a congealed puddle of Pine sol under the bottle. The fumes were overwhelming. Evidently the cat ingested or repeatedly inhaled the substance. All the symptoms are consistent with Pine sol toxicity.
He is more than devastated. He is consumed with thoughts that he killed his cat, and no words help him.
Even a little Pine sol or Lysol can kill a dog or cat. Please pay attention to the toxicity warnings on common household stuff. I see people here dismiss concerns about substance toxicities, saying I give my dog (chocolate, grapes, raisins, whatever) all the time, and he's fine. I clean my house with lysol all the time and my pets haven't died.
It just has to happen once.