Masters Water Conditioner

kitaseiMarch 24, 2014

I am considering installing a water softener to ameliorate our hard water and calcium buildup. The immediate purpose is to save our new glass shower doors and appliances, but longer term I think it is wise to do for the inaccessible pipes in the slab (although I understand it will have nothing to do with the hot water heat pipes.) Because of space constraints, the water treatment company has recommended a Masters Water Conditioning MP-MCS-48 unit, together with a Quno cartridge filter. (The need for the filter is annoying since we already have an Aqua Pure filter, but it is in the wrong place to connect to the softener.) Any opinions about these products? Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aliceinwonderland_id

I couldn't find reference to an MCS - is it perhaps MCA? If that is the case, I'm not a fan of the Vortec system they use. It is a somewhat flimsy piece of plastic, prone to breaking. A simple gravel underbed does a better job withou zero possibility of breaking.

The first step is always analysis. Without knowing your water conditions, no one here can possibly tell you whether the equipment is appropriate for your needs.

First, what are you trying to remove with the Quno(Cuno?) fitler? Is it for sediment, chlorine, what?

City water or private well?
Water analysis (pH, TDS, hardness, iron, manganese)
# of people in the home?
Any high water use fixtures?

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 6:46PM
More Discussions
Freezeless Hydrant Frozen??
Hi, I have freezeless hydrant that has never given...
den75
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
bathroomblues1
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
blessedmomof4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™