outside faucet

caththegardenerMarch 23, 2011

Hi, this might be a strange question, but I'll try anyway. Our outside faucet is a frost free type. All the pipes to it were drained all winter to prevent any type of frozen pipes. In the last week we've opened the pipes back up and used this faucet with no problems and no leaks. The temps have not gotten close to freezing. This morning I found the faucet dripping pretty good. No one has turned it on for days. (unless some stranger came and used it for some reason which is doubtful)

Is there any reason that this could happen? I've turned it on and then back off again and it's not dripping anymore other than the usual drip or two after it's been turned off. This was installed brand new one year ago.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Billl

If I had to guess, I'd say there was some gunk in the line after opening and closing the valves and the seal didn't close completely on the outside one. You ran some water through it, flushing out the gunk, and now it works properly again.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
Fleck Drain Question
I am fixing to install a Fleck 9100. I can run a drain...
rss1978
Brine Tank Placement - Water Softener
Hello, How far can the brine tank be from the resin...
wardman
PEX... Is a manifold necessary?
Getting ready to build a house and currently talking...
rmverb
Fleck 5600 Econominder - Salty Tasting Water
I just installed a new 1.5 cu ft water softener with...
larry_a_williams
Under counter water filters…again
I've lurked here for over a year and have learned so...
motherwallace
Sponsored Products
Window Curtains Lined from DiaNoche Designs by Denise Daffara - One Fun Spring D
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Purcell Living | Cuscino Outdoor Lounge
YLiving.com
Shower Tower Panel Column System with Body Jets
Hudson Reed
Dutto Thermostatic Bamboo Shower Panel W/ Hand Shower & Three Jet Sprays -Bamboo
Signature Hardware
Yellow Gillian Area Rug
$16.99 | zulily
Kraus Kitchen Combo T304 Steel 33-inch Undermount Sink with Faucet
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™