New Foodie Hotel in Tampa

triciaeDecember 22, 2013

Tricia's too ill to post but asked me, her DH, to show you this article. As bankers, we want to know - will it work, long term? What does everybody think?

Don

Here is a link that might be useful: Tampa foodie hotel

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dcarch7

Please take good care of this wonderful person Tricia, and i hope she will feel better soon.

dcarch

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 2:37PM
foodonastump

I was thinking of Tricia just this morning; I knew she wasn't feeling well but noted that she wasn't posting despite of it as she usually does. Best to you, Tricia!

As for the hotel, sounds like something I might enjoy. However...

The decor is also food-themed. Paintings of fruit grace the walls, cookbooks line bookshelves in the lobby and pillows on the hotel beds depict utensils. An 8-foot-high knife and fork rest in a corner and in a hallway, two vertical, living herb gardens are a lush addition.

...seems a little overly themed for my taste. I know that for my wife one of the worst offenses I can commit after a great meal is to tune into cooking shows. Similarly, the omnipresence of food related items sounds like it could be off-putting, more theme park than foodie. Even when in Orlando with the kids I appreciate the occassional break from Micky.

I'm not familiar with Tampa so I don't know what tourist attractions it has. If there are other things of interest to make it worth the trip I'd give the hotel a shot, but I wouldn't go there for a hotel alone.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 3:09PM
mustangs81

Oh darn, I'm sorry to hear that Tricia is ill! I'll be thinking of her; keep us in the loop.

This could work because of it's association with Bern's Steak House, which is a premier restaurant in the country. Travelers take advantage of long layovers at TIA to go to Bern's. For a Christmas gift for my daughter and SIL, I purchased a $200 (average dinner) Bern's gift certificate because it is a "must experience" for a Tampa residence.

As far a location, it's two blocks off Tampa Bay; 1 hour to Disney; 45 minutes to the beaches on the Gulf of Mexico.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 3:29PM
mtnester

Sorry to hear that Tricia's so ill. I've been thinking about her and missing her posts.

As for the hotel, I'm not a "foodie," so my opinion doesn't carry much weight, but I wouldn't be interested in staying there. There might be some trade groups in the food industry (growers' associations, dietitians, magazine writers, etc) who would choose that hotel as their base for a meeting or convention, but whether that would sustain the hotel long-term is doubtful, in my opinion.

Please give Tricia my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery,

Sue

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 5:15PM
partst

So sorry to hear Tricia is not well. I too have missed her around here I always learn something from her. Give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery I will be praying for her and your family.

As for the hotel I donâÂÂt have a clue but it sound like it may be fun for a foodie getaway.

Take care and Merry Christmas to both of you

Claudia

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 12:43AM
compumom

I'm also sorry to hear that Tricia is doing poorly. I hope that the new year brings better health and easier times for her.
I think this hotel has a niche and will draw clientele if it's managed well. I would make it a destination, however if I was nearby or had a reason to be in Tampa, I'd surely check it out!

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 1:37AM
Rusty

I'm so very sorry to hear Tricia is not doing well.
I sincerely hope she will soon be better,
And that the New Year will bring her better health.
My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

While I do enjoy trying new foods,
And have been known to experiment now & then
With both cooking and baking,
I definitely do NOT consider myself a "Foodie",
so my opinion here doesn't count for much.
Personally, I would find this hotel quite off-putting.
IF I happened to be in the area for some reason,
I might, or might not, try it out,
Depending on my mood at the time.

Rusty

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta and onions
Son has requested this for Easter dinner. Would love...
glenda_al
Half Ham (bone-in)
Which is best, shank or butt. If the package doesn't...
ryseryse_2004
Tried And True "Edible" Brownie Recipe? (Where Legal)
Here is a cooking question, more specifically a baking...
johnliu_gw
As Seen on Food Fortunes -- Can you measure flour?
Have you seen this show? Shark Tank for the comestibles...
plllog
Food for sore mouths..
I just had a tooth extracted - and I have a very sore...
agmss15
Sponsored Products
Coral & Ivory Diego Wool Rug
$32.99 | zulily
Casper Ghost Dining Side Chair in Yellow
$79.00 | LexMod
Soho Maze Wool Area Rug
Grandin Road
Parchment Check Underpinnings Chaise - CREAM
$5,675.00 | Horchow
Surya Kabru 100% Wool Moroccan Tile Area Rug - KAB8008-23
$147.60 | Hayneedle
WP RGBDW 5050 ColorPlus LED Strip Light 60/m 12mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Safavieh Handmade Soho Burst Green New Zealand Wool Rug (6' Round)
Overstock.com
Sorrento Dining Table
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™