Faucet for Reverse Osmosis (RO) System

4mom23girlsMarch 16, 2012

Hi all...

We are getting a Kohler Vinnata Faucet in Vibrant Stainless Steel (already delivered). We plan on purchasing the Watts Premier Reverse Osmosis System from Costco (under sink system). I'm trying to find a beverage faucet for this RO System that coordinates with the Kohler faucet. After some research, I understand the Kohler Wellspring beverage faucet won't work as it doesn't support RO systems. Though the look is spot on. I also found a Waterstone Hampton faucet that supports ROs, but there isn't a Stainless Steel option (only satin chrome and satin nickel). Anyone have a coordinating faucet for your Reverse Osmosis that coordinates with your Vinnata?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jane__ny

We just used the faucet which came with the system (Culligan). Didn't match but we didn't have a choice. After a while, you don't pay attention to it anymore!

Jane

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 9:33PM
crabjoe

You should be able to use any faucet, as long as the faucet can handle the low flow rate. The trick will be getting the proper fitting to to do the hose connection.

Just remember, the flow from the RO system might be the problem because you'll definitely be able to find the hose adapters to get it to work.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 1:18PM
wwu123

I wonder if the warning has not to do with flow rate or pressure, but with the corrosive nature of RO water. Being so pure, RO water is supposedly highly aggressive against some metals, including copper piping. This could not only corrode the fixture over time, but also leaches metals into the drinking water. Brass and high-quality stainless are supposed to be more inert, or inert plastic liners inside the fixture.

One reason I didn't run my retrofit RO drinking water to my plumbed in coffeemaker or to my refrigerator icemaker, as I had runs of copper tubing in the walls to those appliances.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 11:52AM
justalurker

Water is the universal solvent and when it is stripped of pretty much every thing except the H and the O it wants all that stuff back and will leach metals and minerals from anything it comes in contact with.

Every RO faucet I've seen notes "lead free" so materials are a consideration.

I have my RO plumbed with PE to it's RO faucet, the ice maker in the fridge, and to an Opod commercial grade coffe maker with no problems in 15+ years.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 12:20PM
wwu123

I have the Opod too! The problem is the in-wall 1/4" copper line it is plumbed to. The RO output would have to go undersink to the copper line, to keep the Opod on the countertop have a clean plumbed -in look.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 9:21PM
justalurker

I ran PE through the side of the under sink area into the sheet rock, up, and back out to the the Opod. From the front of the Opod you can't see a thing. If you can't plumb PE to the Opod then put the cap back on the Opod inlet and use a pitcher. It is worth the trouble... great ice cubes and Kona to die for.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 9:42PM
asolo

Anything for Kona. Tear into the wall!

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
Warm water mornings on cold line for 30 secs....
We have been living in a home built in 2011 (in Canada)...
nikolaos2012
Sewer line disaster
originally posted on another website, but in the spirit...
bossyvossy
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
blessedmomof4
corrosion seen on hot water shutoff valves
I was repairing a minor leak in the kitchen faucet...
jastrong5
Waste pipe uneven elbow leak
The gaskets are removed to show the situation in the...
rubyhum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™