One Flow water system

rileydogMarch 21, 2012

We are researching our options to remove scale from the hard water here in Florida. We came across the One Flow system which is not a water softener but a scale removal system. I am interested in feedback from anyone who has the system or a water softener systems. Looking for recommendations as well as cautions. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aliceinwonderland_id

The Watts OneFlow uses TAC (Template-Assisted Crystallization), a technology that shows some promise. I do have some reservations about TAC for use in a residential application.

1) The media has to be replaced after two years. Replacement schedule is time-based and independent of the amount of water passed through the system.

2) The media requires that there be NO copper in the water.

3) They are costly - $450-$800 for a cartridge system. Plus the cartridge has to be replaced every two years at a cost of around $300.

4) While studies have shown TAC to prevent scale formation, they have not looked at redissolution of the crystals, which is a very real possibility in a residential system where most of the time water is sitting idle rather than flowing constantly.

5) Those studies I was able to find were sponsored by Watts so were not independent.

Bookmark   March 23, 2012 at 10:30AM
TonySak

Does anyone else have feed back? I am also considering this system. My concern is also if the one flow system is adding anything that could be harmful back into the water.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 10:41AM
clueless_gardner

I don't have any feedback, but am interested in this topic myself. I've been interested in the Watts One Flow for about 4 years now. I know the One Flow has passed a tough German purification certification.

But since this was developed as a commercial/industrial product they don't have much of the residential market covered. I'm interested, especially how it can reverse some of the buildup we've already got around the home.

My concern is if the formed crystals have any impact when consumed by people. Are they inert and pass on through humans without any impact?

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
Water Softener - Help with Proper System Selection
Hello, I decided to put in a water softener system...
badsha
Quality of what general contactor is providing
I don't feel qualified to inspect my new home currently...
Larry Lotter
Water softener decision for Austin, Texas city water
I want to better protect my plumbing from wear and...
ivaniphone
Improving water pressure to outside spigot
I would like to improve the pressure and flow rate...
greasetrap
Help, water filter?
I recently bought a rural home, and have yet to move...
dmnwlkr
Sponsored Products
Rowe Park Pearl Bronze One-Light Large Outdoor Wall Light
$204.00 | Bellacor
Accent Rug: Odivelas Black 2' x 3'
Home Depot
Cameo Black and Chrome Two-Light Convertible Pendant
$200.00 | Bellacor
Gervin Leather Sofa - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
Chic Home Microfiber Reversible Comforter - Circles - 64CF528-HE
$39.99 | Hayneedle