I found best dog shampoo

moondancer13July 12, 2009

I have a 100 lb dog who loves to roll in dirt. So , needless to say, I have to bathe him about once a week as he stays in the house. I dont like to use chemical filled shampoos as they are not good for him. so I tried a shampoo bar by haileys dragonfly garden (just google them) and I love it. He smells great, he is clean and it doesnt dry out his skin.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mazer415

I love finding great products, and I like it when they stay on the market. Nothing worse than finding a good new product only to have it discontinued or pulled for some other reason.
I use Buddy Wash and Buddy RInse (shampoo and conditioner) Makes my pup smell like lavender. And he also likes to take dirt baths.

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 7:11PM
macthayer

I know this isn't for dogs, but I use Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo on my Miniature Australian Shepherds (they have heavy coats with thick undercoats). It has the advantage of not causing any 'tearing' if it accidently gets in their eyes, it rinses out easily, and leaves them smelling clean. And during the summer, my two need frequent bathes as well! Besides that, it's gentle on their skin, and it's relatively cheap. MacThayer

Bookmark   July 16, 2009 at 8:54PM
ralfsmom

i have a bichon and havanese and both have allergy issues.the expensive dog shampoo i bought from the vet didn't help .i know baby shampoo isn't for dogs but the johnson &johnson's baby oatmeal wash which is tear free works well ralfsmom

Bookmark   July 17, 2009 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Dog training human.....
I am an intermittent dog trainer. I worked hard at...
agmss15
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
Housetrained dog having accidents in the house!
My dog is about 2 and 1/2 years old and is housetrained...
bookworm_2007
swee' Pea got her angel wings yesterday
I lost my sweet dane girl to liver failure. It was...
Ninapearl
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™