Garbage Disposal Recommendations

ritaotayMarch 12, 2011

Years ago, more than 30, I had a 1/2 hp ISE, it worked great for many years then the motor froze... I replaced it with a 3/4 hp ISE Badger 5 Plus, big mistake!

In less than 5 years I started having problems... One time the drain clogged and the trap was packed tight with one inch pieces of potato skins... Since then I have to run it for at least 3 minutes to grind up the peelings from 4 russet potatoes and sometimes I have to run it twice because the water won't go down... ( Yes, I have had the drain snaked out. ) Besides all that it has a thick coating of rust on the bottom, inside.

I want it replaced... Any recommendations on a garbage disposal that will grind up vegetable peelings smaller than one inch and last more than 7 years?

Rita

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Replacement_Faucet

That badger line is a more competitive line. I don't know if it was some deal with the large retail store or what, but I always steer customers in a different direction.

Insinkerator offers a PRO C/C (cover control), at least it used to be PRO may be called evolution c/c now, which will outperform the badger. It will have a better warranty etc.

The badger should have some warranty on it, depending on the age I would reach out to insinkerator and see what they say. Maybe you can work something out, like paying the difference for the pro/evolution c/c.

Here is a link that might be useful: Insinkerator disposers

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 8:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

Kitchen Aid, 1 horsepower, stainless grinding chamber.
They are pricey (over $300) but quiet and last a long time.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
Cassandra
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
Inspection Hell (or why not to DIY)
Hi everyone, First time poster but long time lurker....
giantsean
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™