Water quality issues
I'm seeing a lot of indications that we may have problems with hard water going on. These problems have been constant since we bought the house in 2004, and through two dishwashers.
- orange film inside dishwasher that is gummy when the dishwasher is running and then hardens quickly as it cools. Reminds me of old finish when it's been spilled on. It's really difficult to clean off too, I have to scrub the dishwasher with baking soda when it's hot and rub HARD to get it off, then close it up and let it run for a bit so I can scrub it more.
- cloudy glasses, filmed dishes, dirty dishes etc that additives don't seem to help
- tan scale buildup in one of the toilets
- filthy black ring around tub that's difficult to clean
- had to replace tub faucet cartridge due to hard grey particles blocking the hot water yet it had been replaced only 6 years ago
Our municipality says our water source is a man-made lake 60 miles away, the ph is 7.8 and that we have a hardness average of 22 ppm, which is barely considered hard. I'm not sure why we're having all these issues if we don't have hard water.
My husband and I would like to have our water tested to try and figure out what's going on. So, what independent lab do you recommend, what tests would you suggest and why?